- Category: Culture
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Location: Zimbabwe
In the morning you’re taken to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Mosi-oa-Tunya, otherwise
known as Victoria Falls for a private tour.
- Immerse yourself in the culture, heritage, and history of Victoria Falls.
- Private guided tour of Victoria Falls.
- Lunch at Ilala Lodge.
- Township, craft market, and big tree tour.
- High Tea at Victoria Falls Hotel.
After the walk, you’re treated to lunch at Ilala lodge before setting out to see the township, craft
market, bridge, and big tree. Learn of the pioneers and experience the local culture. Finally, you’re
taken to Victoria Falls Hotel, the oldest in Zimbabwe, to have its famous high tea and learn of the
history of the town.
- Please remember to respect local customs. For further guidance on social conventions, ask
- This tour DOES NOT cover park entry fees: $30 international, $20 SADC, $7 Zimbabweans to
go directly to the Park.
- Be sure to book ahead for this tour so that your booking runs smoothly.
Why you will love this
In the morning, you’re picked up from your hotel and taken to Victoria Falls for a guided tour. Get
ready to witness the remarkable power of nature, and a spectacle you will remember for life. The
walk of the falls takes around two hours after which you’re treated to lunch at Ilala lodge or The
Lookout Cafe. After lunch, see the bridge and learn of its construction while seeing the high-flying
activities that happen there. From the bridge, we progress to a short tour of Victoria Falls Hotel,
being the oldest hotel in the land, and holding the history of the resort town. Enjoy the hotel’s
famous high tea, with spectacular views of the Victoria Falls Bridge. From the hotel, we go and
see the big tree which is over 1,000 years old, where the pioneers in Victoria Falls spent their nights
to and from Zambia in the early years. We then leave for the township to see how the local people
live and learn of the local customs. You also have the opportunity to see the craft markets, where
you can browse through a selection of handcrafts made by Zimbabwean artists.
- Transport to and from your hotel within Victoria Falls town
- Experienced and qualified guide
- Lunch À la carte menu
- World-renowned high tea at Victoria Falls Hotel
starts at 9 am and finishes around 4 pm